Lattimer is only as good as the people it employs and that is why we are committed to investing in our employees, our continued success depends on it.
Our latest industry vacancies and opportunities are published here. Send us your application (as above), and we’ll be in touch.
SKILLED CNC MILLERS AND TURNERS
Lattimer are currently recruiting experienced and skilled CNC Milling, and CNC Turning, Setters and Operators for immediate start, at our Manufacturing Facility in Southport, Merseyside, UK.
Applicants must be high quality, highly skilled individuals with a desire to succeed and should be able to demonstrate a successful track record in their area of expertise. Experience and familiarity with Mazatrol, Fanuc, or Heidenhain, CNC control systems would be a distinct advantage.
Remuneration for all positions will be based on ability and experience. If you are interested in these positions and wish to be considered then please forward an introduction letter containing your skills, experience and qualifications indicating for which role you wish to be considered together with a comprehensive CV to
Mr Dave Poole
SENIOR PLANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
We are looking to recruit an experienced plant maintenance engineer ideally with an Electrical bias but able to help undertake mechanical repairs when required. The successful applicant will be responsible for the maintenance of all plant and equipment on the site including service equipment (compressors, heaters etc) as well as all manufacturing equipment.
Applicants should have extensive experience of working in a machine shop environment and be familiar with state of the art CNC machine tools as well as responsibility for maintaining support equipment used in a manufacturing facility.
Remuneration will be circa £35 - £40K depending on experience.
You should be keen, driven and be at a stage in your career where you feel you are now ready to move into a more senior position with significant responsibility and accountability.
Responsibilities will include
• carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to and rectifying equipment faults using all means available
• diagnosing breakdown problems and rectifying
• fitting new parts and ensuring equipment is working correctly.
• carrying out quality inspections on completed work, in house and sub contract.
• designing and implementing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
• implementing and managing the business TPM system.
• liaising with other business departments, customers and engineering and production colleagues as well as external equipment suppliers and resources to ensure rapid resolution of issues.
• arranging and managing specialist procurement of labour and equipment as and when required.
• controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
• monitoring and controlling maintenance costs.
• addressing emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
• working with specialist equipment, such as CNC machines (milling, turning, grinding), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and other widely used technology.
• writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
• managing subcontractors and verifying quality of work undertaken.
• ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
• able to support in the design and manufacture of specialised test equipment when required
• adhering to and contributing to the improvement of health and safety policies and procedures
• managing one other mechanical maintenance individual
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual to join a successful, growing North West Engineering business.
If you have the drive, determination, experience, commitment and ability we would like to hear from you.
In the first instance send a cover letter in writing and CV giving details of all relevant experience to
Mr Dave Poole
CREATING A NEW VISION FOR GLASS ENGINEERING