Lattimer is only as good as the people it employs and that is why we are committed to investing in our employees, our continued success depends on it.
Our latest industry vacancies and opportunities are published here. Send us your application (as above), and we’ll be in touch.
TRAINEE DESIGN ENGINEER
Lattimer, a recent recipient of Queens Award for Enterprise are looking to recruit a Trainee Design Engineer into their Design department at their UK manufacturing site in Southport, Merseyside.
As a company that prides itself on its ability to continually deliver innovative products into the market, this is a key position within the organisation that will ensure that the business has the required design skills to meet the challenges facing us.
Applicants will ideally have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design and should be proficient in the use of Solidworks design software. However if you have excellent A levels in engineering design related subjects and experience in the use of Solidworks you would also be considered. All applicants will have a serious interest in product design; this is not a position for someone who is not yet sure whether design is the career for them.
Applicants should understand that this is a position where an attention to detail, quality and consistency are essential requirements and be prepared to learn how to produce engineering drawings for manufacture where their design for manufacture skills will help ensure that Lattimer remain the worlds number one supplier of IS variable equipment to the Glass Container manufacturing industry.
Applicants should be naturally curious and in time be able to deliver product improvements and cost savings, they should be confident in their ability learn how to clearly communicate their requirements through Engineering drawings.
The successful applicant will receive one to one training and will quickly be given significant responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with drive, determination and skill to make a significant impact within the Lattimer business.
If you are interested in this position and wish to receive further information including salary and other remuneration details please email a covering letter and CV to
Mark Hailwood CEng FIMechE
Lattimer are looking to recruit an innovative Manufacturing Engineer for immediate start at our Manufacturing Facility in Southport, Merseyside, UK.
Applicants should possess the following:
• Time served with relevant HNC or equivalent
• Experience in NPI (New Product Introduction) and process development
• Experience using CAD CAM tools – FeatureCam (a distinct advantage)
• Experience and familiarity with Mazatrol, Fanuc, or Heidenhain, CNC control systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with Design Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing Operations to deliver timely and problem free New Product Introduction
• Creation of manufacturing BOM’s
• Provide process instructions, CNC program, tooling and work holding, suitable to create a conforming part, repeatedly, within agreed timescales, to an agreed cost and rate
• CNC programming using FeatureCam and/or Mazatrol Camware
• Machine prove out of CNC Program - trouble shooting
• Investigate opportunities and implement timely improvements in manufacturing methods, considering quality, cost and delivery as key drivers
• Supporting Continuous Improvement and Lean activities
• Develop specifications for new equipment / machines
• Investigation of customer and/or internal engineering concerns
• Develop new and existing cell and plant layout based on the changing needs of the business as required
• Support Sales through the undertaking and timely delivery of quotations as and when required by the business
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual to join a successful, growing North West Engineering business.
If you have the drive, determination, commitment and ability we would like to hear from you.
Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with experience and ability.
In the first instance send a cover letter in writing along with your CV giving details of all relevant experience to
Mr Tony Clegg
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
SKILLED CNC MILLERS AND TURNERS
We are currently recruiting experienced and skilled CNC Milling, and CNC Turning, Setters and Operators for immediate start, at our Manufacturing Facility in Southport, Merseyside, UK.
Applicants must be high quality, highly skilled individuals with a desire to succeed and should be able to demonstrate a successful track record in their area of expertise. Experience and familiarity with Mazatrol, Fanuc, or Heidenhain, CNC control systems would be a distinct advantage.
Remuneration for all positions will be based on ability and experience.
If you are interested in these positions and wish to be considered then please forward an introduction letter containing your skills, experience and qualifications indicating for which role you wish to be considered together with a completed application form and comprehensive CV to
Mr Dave Poole
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM
If you want to apply for a position please download our application form, fill it in with all the relevant details and send it back to us together with a cover letter and your CV. Thank you.
CREATING A NEW VISION FOR GLASS ENGINEERING