Lattimer is only as good as the people it employs and that is why we are committed to investing in our employees, our continued success depends on it.
Our latest industry vacancies and opportunities are published here. Send us your application (as above), and we’ll be in touch.
TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
Lattimer are looking to recruit a driven Technical Sales Engineer for immediate start. The successful applicant will be responsible for growing sales in areas of responsibility in line with company expectations and provide support, guidance and technical assistance as required to our sales and engineering departments. Frequent travel in the UK and overseas will be required.
Responsibilities will include
• Identifying/clarifying customer requirements from incoming enquiries.
• Using technical skills and knowledge to communicate with the customer to explain how Lattimer products can benefit their company/processes, with the aim of securing profitable sales.
• Generating enquiries and pro-actively up selling at every opportunity.
• Preparing and submitting quality quotations for customer approval, maximizing the opportunity of order receipt.
• Remain up to date on all Lattimer product developments, communicating regularly with other sales department members to ensure information is exchanged.
• Provide technical support to other members of the Lattimer sales team.
• Prepare and deliver as required product technical documentation, case studies and occasionally video content for website.
• Identify additional sales/product opportunities.
• Entering required data in the required form at required intervals into the Lattimer CRM system.
• Identify and undertake forecasting and costing of new products using the Lattimer standard formats, new part request.
• When required, liaise with customers to ensure prompt and correct payment.
• Support other departmental personnel to undertake their roles and achieve targets, providing technical and other support as required.
• Manage agents and distributors in areas or responsibility to achieve sales targets.
• To actively identify and implement new initiatives to grow sales.
• To make considered recommendations for sales strategies to grow the business. Implement when agreed.
• To prepare and submit sales forecasts as required.
• Support manufacturing, engineering and quality departments specifically on new products and when required quality issues.
• To follow and operate to company procedures and systems, particularly with regard to the maintenance of the Lattimer CRM system.
• To deliver as a minimum the sales budget in the areas/territories of responsibility, sales and margin.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual to join a successful, growing North West Engineering business.
If you have the drive, determination, commitment and ability we would like to hear from you.
In the first instance send a cover letter in writing and CV giving details of all relevant experience to
Mr Mark Hailwood
APPRENTICE VACANCIES 2018
Lattimer are looking to recruit three apprentice Mechanical Engineers and one apprentice in Logistics and Despatch.
A four year Apprenticeship providing you with the opportunity to gain valuable skills and qualifications.
Over the four years you will learn to confidently set and operate our full range of modern CNC machines, being awarded a Modern Apprenticeship in Engineering.
On successful completion you will then be offered the opportunity to study to HND level in an appropriate Engineering discipline.
Logistics and Despatch:
This year we are also recruiting one Apprentice for our Logistics and Despatch Department. The successful candidate will undertake a four year apprenticeship and be trained in all the skills required to ensure that our products continue to be delivered on time and cost effectively to our customers across the globe.
Essential Skills / Experience:
• Minimum of 4 GCSE’s (grades 5-9) or equivalent including Maths, English and at least one other science based subject.
• A genuine interest in Mechanical Engineering or Despatch and Logistics.
• Drive, ability and ambition to succeed.
If you interested and are aged between 16 and 19 years old please forward your CV together with a relevant covering letter to:
SKILLED CNC MILLERS AND TURNERS
We are currently recruiting experienced and skilled CNC Milling, and CNC Turning, Setters and Operators for immediate start, at our Manufacturing Facility in Southport, Merseyside, UK.
Applicants must be high quality, highly skilled individuals with a desire to succeed and should be able to demonstrate a successful track record in their area of expertise. Experience and familiarity with Mazatrol, Fanuc, or Heidenhain, CNC control systems would be a distinct advantage.
Remuneration for all positions will be based on ability and experience. If you are interested in these positions and wish to be considered then please forward an introduction letter containing your skills, experience and qualifications indicating for which role you wish to be considered together with a comprehensive CV to
Mr Dave Poole
CREATING A NEW VISION FOR GLASS ENGINEERING